Today marks the 5th Birthday of BOP, under my management, supported by the fab-u-lous BOP team. As I celebrate at home, sadly without my colleagues, I wanted to make you all aware of the preparations, both I and the team are making for our return.
I believe, as do many of my colleagues, that the return to work in primary care and with hands-on treatments, will be staged and steady. We heard the Prime Minister’s announcements on Sunday that small progressive steps will be made to return us back to ‘normal’. This may mean as a practice, certain therapies will return to BOP ahead of others.
I would like to assure you that we will do so in a manner that puts your welfare – and that of our staff – at the forefront of everything we do.
The practice will almost certainly look and feel a little different for a time, and significant additional precautions will need to be taken when conducting appointments. This is a time of great change for us all, but together we will adapt, simulate the information and act upon continually changing guidelines. This is a learning process for each and every one of us.
The BOP team will all need to wear appropriate PPE. We are working pro-actively with regards to this, to obtain a supply, which will not only facilitate us opening, but hopefully ensure we have adequate resources going forward.
The BOP therapists may initially be working on a new timetable. This will allow greater time for cleaning, room aeration and enable us to hopefully maintain social distancing measures.
At this time, I am busy organising the practical arrangements of the above, streamlining our policies and procedures to ensure things run as smoothly and safely as possible.
Please be mindful, when we do re-open, depending on timings, those of you who are classed as ‘at risk’ may still be asked to remain isolated for a period of time by government. As much as we would love to see you all, we also have to abide guidelines set to us by government, our regulators and our insurers.
It is likely, on return to practice, we will ask you to help us by;
· Not arriving more than 5 minutes early for appointments
· Waiting in your vehicle or outside the building and awaiting your therapist to collect you where possible
· Avoiding bringing anyone else with you, where reasonably possible
· Expecting us to check your health status by telephone 24 hours before your appointment. We will be triaging all patients.
Making your visits “contactless” as far as possible. By contactless meaning not touching surfaces as much as possible, using facilities onsite for as little time as possible and making contactless payments
· Respecting other patients you may come into contact with and keeping socially distant
· Complying with any hand washing requirements we may have at the time
· Wearing a mask/face covering during your time in the clinic, to bring a towel (if you wish to have one as all couch coverings have been removed), to bring a bag for your belongings (this will be for your clothes and shoes to go in whilst having treatment) and limiting non-essential items being brought in to the clinic.
· Most importantly, if you or any family member have symptoms, regardless of whether you have been tested or not, to please call us to reschedule your appointment. We rely on honesty at all times to keep you safe, your families safe and our team too.
By adhering to these protocols and any additional requirements that may arise, we will be able to provide you as safe an environment as possible. We will be keeping up strict hygiene protocols within the clinic and all therapists and staff will be made aware of these.
All appointments made, will be subject to further change due to operational reasons and government advice and I would ask for your continued understanding in this matter.
Once again, thank you for your continued custom and kindness. If you have any questions at any stage please just email us at email@example.com.
If you need to speak to your therapist, about any aspect of your care plan or any new or ongoing symptoms, please call on 01903 820206, or 07986613363 or email on the above address.
I can assure you, as soon as we have a date for our return to ‘hands-on’ treatments, you will be the first to know. Emails will be sent out, alongside social media posts and telephone/text messages too.
In the meantime Stay Safe, Stay Alert and Stay Home when you can!
Sue Bunce and Team BOP